In 2002 Mincon started development of a range of steerable tools for Hardrock drilling in the Horizontal Directional Drilling Industry. The tools are specifically designed for use in medium to hard rock drilling conditions where conventional directional drilling systems offer very little to the contactor when Hard rock is encountered.
The Mincon Hard rock range offers the most complete line of steerable hammer systems on the market.
HDD30 – 3 ½” Pilot Bore
HDD40 – 4 ¼” Pilot Bore
HDD50 – 5 ¼” Pilot Bore
HDD60 – 6 ¼” Pilot Bore
Mincon Hard rock Hammer Systems utilize “High Frequency Cycle” technology. Mincon Hard rock is the only manufacturer of Steerable Hammers that incorporate this feature. The advantages to this are as follows.
- High Frequency design aids in faster removal of drill cuttings from the bit face while providing the smallest possible chip size. This aids in keeping the borehole cleaner and reduces the possibility of getting the tool stuck.
- High Frequency design improves the steering capabilities of the tool. In head to heads tests against other competitor manufacturers the Mincon Hard rock systems out steered them in dirt, cobble and solid rock.
- High Frequency design provides less vibration to the drill string. This ensures less wear and tear to the rig and locating sonde.
- Set up to utilize any of the available locating sondes on the market the Mincon Hard rock Systems can be adapted to your existing locating equipment.
- With the Mincon Hard rock Support Pack and hosing any conventional HDD machine can be converted for rock drilling.
Mincon Hard rock Hammers are the most extensively tested steerable hammer systems on the market today. With over 9 years of Hard rock drilling the Hard rock Mincon Hammers have proven themselves to be the most dependable productive air hammer systems operating today.
For More information please contact Mincon, Inc. – +1 (540) 344 9939.